What do you want from your class?
- Instruction on state laws pertaining to the ownership, purchase and use of firearms
- Instruction on how to apply for a Florida concealed carry license
- Instruction on the various types of firearms used for concealed carry purposes and self-defense
- Instruction on the handling and shooting of a firearm
- Hands-on handgun training and live-fire range range training
- Handgun proficiency training for the defense of your life and the lives of your loved ones
- Just getting a piece of paper that allows you to apply for a Florida concealed carry weapons license
Not all concealed carry classes are the same.
- Concealed carry classes taught at hotels, gun shows and gun shops:
- Will provide you with that piece of paper that allows you to apply for a Florida concealed carry license (CCWP/CWP)
- Will provide you with instruction on state laws pertaining to the ownership, purchase and use of firearms
- Will provide you with instruction on how to apply for a Florida concealed carry license
- May provide you with instruction on the various types of firearms used for concealed carry purposes.
- Will provide you with little to no instruction on the purchase of the appropriate firearm for the defense of your life and the lives of your loved ones
- Will not provide any hands-on firearms training
- Will not provide any live-fire range firearms training
- Will not provide any training for the defense of your life or the lives of your loved ones
For a firearms training that fulfills and exceeds the training requirements for applying for a State of Florida concealed carry weapons license (CCWP/CCP/CCP) take only a firearms training class conducted by an official NRA firearms training organization. NRA firearms training is never taught in rented hotel rooms, at gun shows and rarely at gun shops, even those that have their own indoor range.
Classes conducted in a rented hotel room or at a gun show
Such classes are conducted by out-of-town vendors, that in most instances, do not have a local address, do not have a local license, do not have a local reputation, carry little to no insurance and have no way of getting in contact with them if there is a problem with your paperwork.
Question: Would buy a used car from a traveling auto dealer who sets up a weekend sale in a local department store parking lot?
Just because someone claims to be an NRA instructor does not mean he or she is conducting an NRA training class.
NRA firearms training
NRA instructors, who conduct NRA training classes are proud to wear official NRA clothing, displaying the NRA instructor logo.
If the instructor teaching your class is not wearing or displaying the official NRA instructor logo, not promoting NRA firearms training classes and NRA memberships, and
he or she is more interested in selling you T-shirts, mugs and bumper stickers, you are NOT attending official NRA training.
Official NRA firearms training classes are never taught in rented hotel rooms, at gun shows and rarely in gun shops.
For official NRA firearms and concealed carry training classes in Polk County, contact . . .
Winter Haven, Florida