The Return of the NRA’s Basics of Pistol Shooting Course – Instructor Led
In-Gauge of Polk County is happy to announce the return of the NRA’s Basics of Pistol Shooting Course. It became official today. Straight from the NRA Training Headquarters.
And, In-Gauge of Polk County is not wasting any time in conducting its first class.
This is the old, classroom method of conducting firearm safety and handling training which most people are familiar.
- Is 8 hours in duration
- Consists of both interactive hands-on classroom instruction and live-fire range training
- Familiarization with both the revolver and semi-automatic pistol
- Introduction to the various types of ammunition and its uses
- Introduction to range safety procedures
- Introduction to proper safe handgun handling, storage and use
- Introduction to proper handgun cleaning and maintenance
- Instruction in the fundamentals of shooting
- Instruction in proper shooting techniques
- Evaluation of shooting skills and techniques
- Evaluation of the participants retention of presented course material
The participant will receive an official NRA student packet and Basics of Pistol Shooting hardcover book.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be provided with a nationally recognized National Rifle Association certificate of training. * The certificate of training exceeds the State of Florida’s training requirement for its concealed weapon permit application process.
The first course is scheduled for Saturday, May 20th starting at 9:00 am, at In-Gauge of Polk County, Winter Haven, Florida.
The minimum age for participation is 16 – Accompanied by an adult.
The cost is $75 * Additional charges if a firearm and ammunition must be provided.
Participants are encouraged to provide his/her own firearm.
For more information or to enroll, contact In-Gauge of Polk County at: email@example.com