If you are new to firearms, it is understood that acquiring training information may be overwhelming. Further, you may not know what questions to ask when searching for concealed carry training or how to use your firearm.
Things to consider when looking for firearm and concealed carry license training:
- Does the training qualify for the State’s concealed carry license application process?
- Will you receive a nationally recognized certificate of training or is the training certificate a proprietary certificate or letter of training issued by the individual, company or agency providing the training?
- Is the training an official NRA firearms training course or is the training only taught by a NRA firearms instructor? There is a difference.
- Is the course curriculum official NRA or something the instructor personally put together?
- Will you receive an official NRA firearms training textbook as part of the course?
- Will you receive an official NRA student packet as part of the course?
- Will you receive a minimum of 4 hours of class room training?
- Will you receive a minimum of 1/2 hour of live-fire range training?
- Will your range training be on a live-fire range or just firing one round into a steel can?
- As part of your live-fire range training, will you fire a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition?
- Is the training conducted by a private for profit individual or company or a non-profit, official NRA training organization?
- Is the training 100% satisfaction guaranteed?
- Does the company, agency or organization offer advanced handgun training beyond the minimum required Florida concealed carry weapons class?
- Does the company, agency or organization offer firearms training other than handgun/concealed carry training?
- Is fingerprinting required for your participation a class?
- Does the company, agency or organization require in-depth personal information (an application) before participation in a class?
- Where will the class be conducted, in a dedicated classroom, sales area lobby, employee break room, rented hotel room or private home?
- Is the company, agency, organization or individual insured and licensed to conduct business in Florida and Polk County?
A printable check list has been provided for your convenience. Feel free to use it when making inquiries and then decide what is important to you.
CLICK ON QUESTIONS TO ASK BELOW FOR A PRINTABLE CHECK LIST