NRA’s Defensive Pistol –
This a true concealed carry training course with a nationally recognized NRA certificate of training issued upon successful completion.
This is the NRA’s new, nationally recognized, true concealed carry training course. The Defensive Pistol Course is advanced level training, not for the faint of heart. The live-fire range training has been described as “intense”. For that reason, the class is conducted in two days.
- The course is 10 hours in duration (Usually conducted in two 5 hour days.)
- Includes classroom and live-fire range training. (Approximately 200 rounds of ammunition will be fired during the range training.)
- Prerequisite: Either the NRA’s Basic Pistol Course or In-Gauge of Polk County’s CCW 101 Course.
- The student must provide his/her own:
- defensive caliber handgun (.38 special, .357, 9mm .380, .40, .45)
- appropriated strongside holster with retention
- ammunition (minimum 200 rounds)
- concealment garment
- hearing and eye protection
- An official, nationally recognized National Rifle Association certificate of training will be issued upon successful completion.
The NRA Defensive Pistol Course will focus on the techniques needed to develop a defensive mindset. The goal of the course will be to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. As a result of participating in this course, the student will be able to explain and demonstrate the following: How to apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling when carrying a concealed firearm, basic principles of concealment, the difference between cover and concealment, drawing from the holster, levels of mental awareness, developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection, clearing common stoppages, use of pocket pistols, and more. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and the NRA Defensive Pistol certificate. This course is only conducted by NRA Certified Advanced Pistol Instructors.
Brevard County Florida Sheriff Wayne Ivey – June 9, 2017 . . . .
Brevard County, Sheriff Wayne Ivey, Florida concealed carry, Polk County Florida, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Lake Wales, Mulberry, Bartow, concealed weapons permit, concealed weapons license training