Official NRA firearm training classes are NEVER conducted at gun shows.
All official NRA firearm training classes exceed the State of Florida’s
training requirement of concealed carry license application.
Those who conduct gun show concealed carry classes do not like us telling you this, but they cannot dispute it. They want you to believe that just because they are a NRA certified instructor they are conducting an official NRA firearm training class. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Save time and money taking a gun show concealed carry class. NOT!
You may think that you are going to save time and money taking a gun show concealed carry weapons class. Think again. Add up the costs and do the math:
- Parking . . . . . . . . . . $10
- Show admission . . . . $12
- Class fee . . . . . . . . . . $45
- Classroom . . . . . . . . . 90 minutes
- Travel time to range and set up . . . . 45 minutes
- Orientation and live-fire . . . . 30 minutes
- Return to gun show . . . . 30 minutes
Total cost . . . . $ 67 Time spent . . . . . 3 1/4 hours
After taking a gun show concealed carry weapons class and you are left asking yourself: “Is this all there is?”, bring a copy of your training certificate to us for OFFICIAL NRA firearms training for only $30. (Regular class cost: $65)
Certificates must be dated between January 1, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
You can save money by just taking our OFFICIAL NRA firearms training and not wasting your valuable time in a minimum required training, “git-r-done-quick” gun show class.
In our concealed carry class, you will fire a minimum of 50 rounds of defensive caliber ammunition on a live-fire range.
In-Gauge of Polk County, Winter Haven, Florida
email us at: email@example.com
Visit us on Facebook
Lakeland, Florida, Polk County, concealed carry permit, sun coast, rifle and pistol club, gun show, central florida
On Monday, May 22nd the Polk County Tax Collector’s Office will begin processing concealed carry license applications and renewals.
TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE OFFERING CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSE SERVICES
BARTOW, Florida – May 19, 2017
Joe G. Tedder, Tax Collector, announces the Tax Collector’s Office is now providing Concealed Weapon License application and renewal services on an appointment only basis at its Lakeland and Lake Wales Service Centers. Appointments are made at the Tax Collector’s Office official website, PolkTaxes.com.
Upon announcing the new service offerings, Tedder stated, “I am grateful for all that Commissioner Putnam and his staff have done to help our office bring these state services to the citizens of Polk County. Previously, our constituents had to travel outside Polk County to get these services.”
Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Adam H. Putnam partnered with Tedder and tax collectors throughout Florida to pass legislation allowing selected tax collector offices to accept concealed weapon license applications and renewals.
Tedder continued, “We are fortunate Commissioner Putnam and Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services recognized Polk’s unique geography and population when approving our office to provide application and renewal services at two locations.”
Citizens of Florida who are interested in obtaining or renewing a concealed weapons license in Polk County should visit PolkTaxes.com to get the information they need to complete a license application, conduct a renewal transaction, and make an appointment.
To obtain training to qualify for your Florida concealed weapon license contact In-Gauge of Polk County. In-Gauge of Polk County is Polk County’s only non-profit, NRA affiliated firearm training organization. In-Gauge of Polk County provides a full line of firearms training including basic handgun/concealed carry training, advanced NRA Defensive Pistol training, shotgun and rifle training.
Polk County Tax Collector, Polk County Florida, concealed weapons, concealed carry, concealed license, concealed carry permit, Bartow, Winter Haven, Lakeland,
Why we teach shotgun handling – They walk among us . . . .
Contact us for all your firearm training needs . . .
Former Vice President Joe Biden once said: “Buy a shotgun.”
That may be all well and good. But, learn how to use it . . . . .
Unfortunately, these folks didn’t . . .
Learn to do it right . . . .
Contact us for all your firearm training needs . . .
How do you know if the firearm training you are about to take is an official NRA firearm training class? Check out two of our web pages: Questions To Ask / Official NRA Training Class? and FAQ
In-Gauge of Polk County, self-defense, shotgun training, firearm training, concealed carry, concealed weapons permit, home defense, NRA, gun training, Polk County, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Florida,
FAQ – Concealed Carry Training
If you are new to firearms, it is understood that acquiring training information may be overwhelming. Further, you may not know what questions to ask when searching for concealed carry training or how to use your firearm.
To assist you in doing your research we have provided a list of questions to ask when inquiring about concealed carry firearm training. We at In-Gauge of Polk County encourage you to inquire elsewhere before committing to a concealed carry or firearm training class. When doing so, do not hesitate to ask the questions provided. You may be surprised at the answers you receive.
- Does the training qualify for the State’s concealed carry license application process?
- Will you receive a nationally recognized certificate of training or is the training certificate a proprietary certificate or letter of training issued by the individual, company or agency providing the training?
- Is the training an official NRA firearms training course or is the training only taught by a NRA firearms instructor? There is a difference.
- Is the course curriculum official NRA or something the instructor personally put together?
- Will you receive an official NRA firearms training textbook as part of the course?
- Will you receive an official NRA student packet as part of the course?
- Will you receive a minimum of 4 hours of class room training?
- Will you receive a minimum of 1/2 hour of live-fire range training?
- Will your range training be on a live-fire range or just firing one round into a steel can?
- As part of your live-fire range training, will you fire a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition?
- Is the training conducted by a private for profit individual or company or a non-profit, official NRA training organization?
- Is the training 100% satisfaction guaranteed with a full refund offered if not satisfied?
- Does the company, agency or organization offer advanced handgun training beyond the minimum required by the state for concealed carry licensing?
- Does the company, agency or organization offer firearms training other than handgun/concealed carry training?
- Is fingerprinting required for your participation a class?
- Does the company, agency or organization require in-depth personal information (an application) before participation in a class?
- Where will the class be conducted, in a dedicated classroom, sales area lobby, employee break room, rented hotel room or private home?
- Is the company, agency, organization or individual insured and licensed to conduct business?
A printable check list has been provided for your convenience. Feel free to use it when making inquiries and then decide what is important to you.
CLICK ON QUESTIONS TO ASK BELOW FOR A PRINTABLE CHECK LIST